StratEdge Assembly Services
StratEdge assembly services, started in 2000, packages DC to 63+ GHz packages. Our new ISO 9001:2015 facility in Santee, California (near San Diego) has a Class 1000 cleanroom and Class 100 work area for performing sensitive operations and is fully equipped with the most modern assembly equipment. StratEdge can customize packages and assembly services for your specific requirements.
To maximize the performance of every device, StratEdge assembles high-frequency single- and multi-chip MMIC and fiber optic devices into its StratEdge packages using eutectic or epoxy die and passive component attach and automatic wire bonding.
These services include high-speed fine wire wedge and ribbon bonding for deep access bonding. We can handle both orthogonal bonding and chain bonding. A large work area gives us the flexibility to work with many different sizes and tooling to accommodate the numerous needs of our customers.
Our component placement die attach system is the fastest and most reliable multiple die-type bonder on the market. The machine's 5µm placement accuracy capability, 250 millisecond tool change time, and excellent tool-to-tool planarity enables StratEdge to offer high-accuracy and peak repeatability performance across a large work area.
We specialize in:
- Large complex hybrids
- RF and microwave devices, including gallium nitride (GaN) and gallium arsenide (GaAs)
- High-frequency passive and active components
- MCM power connections
- Fine-pitch devices
- Power amplifiers
And our capabilities include:
- Epoxy and eutectic die attach
- Automated gold-tin (AuSn) die attach for devices <6 µm thick, developed for gallium nitride (GaN)
- Automatic and manual wedge wire bonding
- Ribbon bonding
- Low profile wire bonds
- Running stitch interconnects (die-to-die)
- 50-ohm lines for reducing wire lengths
- AuSn low-temperature glass and epoxy lid sealing
- Marking, lead forming, and tape-and-reel
- MIL-STD environmental testing
StratEdge provides a variety of lids and services for attachment including:
- Lids with B-stage epoxy. These are LCP or ceramic lids that are flat or cup-shaped and are approved by NASA as low-outgassing epoxy. They pass fine and gross leak testing.
- Low-temperature (330℃) glass lids for hermetic sealing
- Combo lids that are metal with gold-tin (AuSn) preforms
After assembly, the packages are lidded and the leads are trimmed and formed. Post assembly services include labeling, bulk packaging, and preparation for delivery. StratEdge can accommodate special requests such as grouping completed parts based on very tight electrical performance specifications, so they can be used together in specific applications.